Welcome to the Online Volunteer Orientation
This orientation is to be completed after your interview and prior to starting your volunteer assignment.
You will be required to print certain documents to verify that you have completed this process. If you do not have access to a printer, computers and printers are available in the Gumberg Family Resource Center (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) located on the ground floor of Hillman Cancer Center.
Please follow the steps below to complete the on-line process:
- Review the Volunteer Orientation Presentation (PDF) and take the Orientation/Annual Review quiz.
- Review the Privacy Awareness Module and take the quiz at the end.
- Review the Bloodborne Pathogens Education Module and take the quiz at the end.
- For Patient and Family Volunteers:
- Please view the Patient and Family Training Presentation.
- Volunteers who will be in a laboratory:
- Visit the University of Pittsburgh Environmental Health and Safety website.
- Look under "Schedules" and click on EH&S Training Schedule (PDF).
- Choose a date for the Chemical Hygiene / Formaldehyde training session.
- Email Denise DiTommaso at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. The training takes place in Oakland.
If you have any questions as you complete the online process to become a volunteer, please email Denise DiTommaso at email@example.com. Otherwise, you will hear from us upon the completion of your file to start your volunteer opportunity.
Please Note: It is not necessary for volunteers to complete the modules using UPMC Infonet. However, if you'd like to access UPMC Infonet, please do so on-site during your volunteer shift.