Caring for the Caregiver
5115 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232
An educational and supportive program for caregivers
- Topics of discussion will be strategies for self care, mindfulness, stress management, relaxation, compassion fatigue, keeping active, dealing with worry and anxiety, and many more.
- Occasional guest speakers will participate including dietitians, social workers, and others who focus on self-care and wellness.
- Educational literature will be available to take home on session topics.
- Refreshments will be served.
- One-hour sessions are held during the day in the 2nd Floor Conference Room at Hillman Cancer Center. No pre-registration is required.
- Call 412-692-4724 for more information.
The program is facilitated by Michael Bowersox, LPC. Mike is a licensed professional counselor at Our Clubhouse, a local non-profit providing social, emotional, and wellness support to those touched by cancer. His clinical experience focuses on working with teens and adults on concerns related to medical illness, anxiety, depression, life adjustments, and those experiencing post-traumatic stress. He holds a Masters degree in Applied Clinical Psychology from Antioch University in Seattle, WA, and is a member of the American Psychological Association.
Hillman Cancer Center
5115 Centre Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15232