Gynecologic Cancer Treatment Program for Cervical, Ovarian, and Uterine Cancer
The Magee-Womens Gynecologic Cancer Program of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center provides state-of-the-art treatments and therapies for women with gynecologic cancers, throughout all phases of their disease.
Based at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, our program offers:
- The latest advances in the prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment of gynecologic cancers.
- New cancer prevention strategies, including cervical cancer vaccines and the development of ovarian cancer biomarkers.
- A multidisciplinary team of gynecologic oncologists, medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, research and behavioral scientists, and clinical staff — all committed to providing women with the most comprehensive gynecologic cancer care available.
Gynecologic Specialty Care: Treating Difficult Gynecologic and Ovarian Cancers
No cancer is the same and a diagnosis affects each person differently. Developing an effective treatment plan requires input from a variety of specialists.
Your gynecologic cancer team is comprised of specialists who review your specific situation and work together to determine the most appropriate treatment plan, tailored to you.
Peritoneal Carcinomatosis and Ovarian Cancer Specialty Care at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center brings together experts in:
- Surgical, medical, radiation, and interventional oncology
- Pain management
- Palliative care
Gynecologic Conditions We Treat
Peritoneal Carcinomatosis and Ovarian Cancer Specialty Care experts have particular expertise in the treatment of many cancers, including:
- Abdominal carcinomatosis
- Appendiceal cancer
- Gynecological cancers, including ovarian, fallopian tube, endometrial, and primary peritoneal cancers
- Pelvic mass with involvement to the omentum, liver, spleen and/or bowel
- Peritoneal surface cancers
- Peritoneal mesothelioma
- Pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP)
- Recurrent colorectal cancer
We also treat patients who:
- Already have had previous surgery or know surgery is needed.
- Have bowel or urethral obstructions or refractory ascites.
- Have been referred for Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemoperfusion (HIPEC).
- Need a second opinion.
What to Expect
If you are a newly diagnosed patient, you will work with a coordinator who will serve as the point person for the treatment team. The coordinator will review your history and make appropriate appointments based on your needs and your team's recommendations. You will receive care at Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh.
The center's multidisciplinary cancer team will:
- Evaluate your cancer
- Review your diagnostic tests
- Meet to discuss your case to determine the best course of action for treatment
- Develop treatment strategies in tandem with your referring physician
Through UPMC Hillman Cancer Center's community network, you may be able to receive treatment and follow-up care closer to your home.
To learn more about Gynecologic Cancer Specialty Care, or to schedule an appointment, please call 412-647-2811.
Visit the Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC website to learn more about our gynecologic cancer care, including:
Magee-Womens Gynecologic Cancer Program
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is a world-class center for both women’s health and comprehensive medical-surgical care. Teams at UPMC CancerCenter and Magee work together to collaboratively treat gynecologic cancer.
Visit the Magee website to learn more.