Services for Cancer Patients & Families
Learning you have cancer is life altering. A cancer diagnosis changes your life and touches the lives of your family and friends.
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, we offer more than expert, patient-centered cancer treatment. We're also committed to giving you and your loved ones the tools you need to cope with and battle this disease.
Services for our Patients and Their Loved Ones
- Inpatient Cancer Care — if you need to spend time in the hospital for observation or specialized treatment, we'll do our best to make your stay comfortable.
- Nutrition Support — our dietitians can meet with you and your family to create a custom meal plan, help manage appetite loss, and provide healthy eating tips.
- Pain Management — if your cancer is causing you pain, we'll work with you to provide relief.
- Palliative and Supportive Care — the palliative care team provides symptom management, spiritual care, and other support services for you and your loved ones. Our goal is to help you have the highest quality of life for as long as possible.
- Pathology — cancer pathology experts provide your care team with both diagnostic and treatment input.
- Mental Health and Emotional Support — the Center for Counseling and Cancer Support offers resources to help you and your family through every stage of your cancer journey.
- Imaging and Radiology — our advanced PET-CT scanners, MRI, and other imaging technologies allow us to detect and stage many types of cancers.
- Sleep Clinic for Cancer Patients and Families — our sleep experts can work with you and your loved ones to help you get the rest you need.
- Social Work — we provide counseling, education, and other social work support services for you and your family members throughout all phases of cancer.
Contact Us About Our Cancer Services
To learn more about any of the services we offer our patients and their loved ones, contact UPMC Hillman Cancer Center at: