What Kinds of Specialists Make Up the Multidisciplinary Team?
Each UPMC Hillman Cancer Center multidisciplinary team includes specialists with expertise that applies to the different disease-specific center it directs.
Depending on the cancer type and site, these specialists may include:
- Endocrinologists and endocrine surgeons
- Maxillofacial and plastic surgeons
- Medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists
- Neurologists, neuro-oncologists, and neurosurgeons
- Nuclear medicine specialists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Thoracic surgeons
Other Members of the Care Team
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Specialty Care also has a full complement of support staff, including those with expertise in:
- Genetics and genetic counseling
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Psychology and psychiatry
Cancer Care Close to Home
Through our extensive UPMC Hillman Cancer Center network, patients can continue to see their primary care physicians or local oncologists in their own communities to begin their treatment plans and for follow-up care after surgery.