How UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Is Keeping You Safe During COVID-19
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, we are here for you.
From diagnosis to treatment and beyond, our top priority is to you and your loved ones as you face cancer. We work to provide you with the best care for the best outcome.
As the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds in our communities and beyond, our mission remains the same. We will continue to provide the cancer care you expect while also keeping you safe from the coronavirus.
Cancer does not wait for a pandemic to end, and neither will we.
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
As you navigate your cancer treatment, you may need to visit UPMC Hillman Cancer Center for a procedure or other appointment.
If you do need to come in for an appointment, we are taking every step to keep you safe.
We are following all recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We screen patients and staff for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms.
- We have expanded our testing capacity for the coronavirus.
- We require all adults and children over 2 years old to wear facemasks inside all UPMC facilities.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants to extensively clean all of our facilities. We are especially focused on sanitizing high-touch areas like countertops and doorknobs.
- Our health care workers can provide expert care for any of your medical needs. We have enough supplies of masks, gowns, gloves, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep them — and you — safe.
- To protect our patients and staff, and to limit the potential for the spread of infectious disease, we currently are restricting visitors and volunteers at UPMC facilities. See our updated policy.
To find out more about what we're doing to provide care and keep you safe from COVID-19, visit upmc.com/COVID19.
What to Expect During Your In-Person Visit to Hillman
It's safe to make a doctor's appointment and undergo a procedure.
We have updated our facility policies to provide necessary protection to patients and staff, rolling out extensive precautions.
Before your appointment, talk to your doctor about what to expect on your visit, including:
- When to arrive.
- What to do when you get there.
- What you should bring.
You must wear a facemask to enter our facilities and continue to wear it throughout the building. We also ask that you follow COVID-19 preventive measures, such as regular handwashing and proper social distancing.
More than ever, we're working to protect you. You can count on us.
More UPMC Resources
- Schedule your appointment: Call the UPMC Referral Line at 1-800-533-8762 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- UPMC Video Visits: Video Visits may be available; contact your doctor’s office to learn more.
- Visitor restrictions: We are currently restricting visitors at our locations to protect patients and staff. Find out more about our visitation policy.