Cancer Social Work Services
Learning you have cancer can bring on a range of feelings. Anger. Fear. Sadness.
We know it's a hard time for you and your loved ones.
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, we're here to support you and your family during all phases of your cancer care.
Cancer Social Work Programs at UPMC Hillman
- Support at diagnosis.
- Treatment planning.
- Patient, family, and group counseling.
- Patient and family cancer education.
- Case management.
- Patient advocacy.
- Discharge planning.
- Access to cancer support groups and community resources.
Counseling for People With Cancer
Our social workers offer short-term counseling services to help you and your loved ones with:
- Your cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Life changes, such as changes in self-image and sexuality.
- Chronic illness.
- Crisis and stress management.
- Grief and loss.
- Accessing health care.
- Talking to children about cancer.
- Insurance and concerns about paying medical and other bills.
- Planning for home care.
- Going back to work.
Community Cancer Programs
Our social work team also provides cancer education for health care staff, students, and volunteers.
And we work with volunteer health groups and community agencies.
Contact Social Work Support at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
To speak with a cancer social worker: