Nurse Navigators at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
Dealing with a cancer diagnosis is a battle. But your UPMC Hillman Cancer Center nurse navigator is here to help you and your family manage your diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
What Services Do Cancer Nurse Navigators Offer?
We'll be here for you whenever you need support and will:
- Listening to your needs and concerns.
- Provide resources to help you learn about your condition.
- Explain complex treatments and tests.
- Arrange your appointments and tests.
- Get you in from of the specialists you need.
- Connect you to programs and services that help you cope with the challenges of a cancer diagnosis.
We're Here for You When You Need Us
A nurse navigator is a registered nurse who focuses on the care and support of people with cancer.
We can help when:
- You first learn you have cancer or when cancer returns.
- You or your loved ones have questions about a cancer diagnosis, testing, or treatment.
- You or your loved one is struggling with the emotional impact of cancer.
Contact Our Cancer Nurse Navigator Program
Contact our nurse navigators at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center:
- In Shadyside — 412-647-2811.
- At UPMC Altoona — 814-889-6031.
- In central Pa. — 717-657-7500.
For all other UPMC Hillman locations, please call the main office and the staff will be able to assist you.