Cancer Research at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center is committed to excellence in all aspects of cancer care.
Cancer researchers work closely with clinicians to rapidly move the most promising research results from their labs into clinical trials, providing patients like you with early access to new and innovative treatments, both at Hillman Cancer Center and throughout our UPMC Hillman Cancer Center network.
For 30 years, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center has been committed to excellence in all aspects of cancer care. You can see it in our cancer research, equipment, facilities, and people. Here, a concentration on science has led to many life-changing accomplishments.
Pioneering New Cancer Treatments Daily
Over the last five years, the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center faculty members have published more than 5,000 articles in peer-reviewed journals. The research enterprise is organized into several major areas, including basic cancer research programs, translational cancer care research programs, disease-site specific programs, and cancer control and population sciences. The goal of all research at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center is to reduce the burden of cancer and improve cancer treatment.
Investing in Smart Technology to Treat All Forms of Cancer
Through smart technology we're better positioned to help patients in numerous ways. We're constantly upgrading our arsenal of cancer treatment equipment to better care for our patients.
What's new in smart technology?
- Clinical Trial Management Application (CTMA) tracks every step of the cancer clinical-trials process from start to finish.
- Web-enabled clinical Pathways guide physicians to identify the best cancer treatment protocols for every patient.
- Diagnostic radiologic imaging equipment helps us find cancers earlier.
- Advanced radiosurgery devices enable us to treat the most difficult cancers.
- Electronic health record (EHR) system helps track patient information and deliver cancer care more safely and efficiently.
- Implementation of Web-based patient education modules.
Your physician may suggest a clinical trial as part of your plan of care when appropriate.