Community and Cancer Support Resources
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, we take cancer knowledge beyond the walls of our hospitals and into the communities we serve.
One of our goals is to increase awareness of cancer risk factors, cancer types, and the importance of early detection through cancer screenings.
We also want to support our friends and neighbors in forming and maintaining healthy habits.
Spreading Cancer Awareness and Providing Support
Some of our cancer awareness and support resources include:
- Cancer Outreach — check out one of our wellness events, lectures, or other cancer community outreach programs.
- Cancer Support Groups — find cancer support groups that meet regularly in your area.
- Cancer Education Resources — find free learning materials, guidance, and other services at the Gumberg Family Resource Center. All UPMC Hillman Cancer Center patients and their families, friends, and caregivers are welcome.
- LiveWell Survivorship Program — attend monthly support groups and find many other services for cancer survivors.
- Caring for the Caregiver Program – hosted by the Wellness and Integrative Oncology Program, this free educational program gives support and resources to cancer caregivers.
- Speakers Bureau — our experts are available to provide educational talks and presentations to community groups on all aspects of cancer care, including medical and radiation oncology, surgery, imaging, integrative therapies, and beyond.