Living With Cancer Resources for Patients and Families
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, we urge you to learn as much as you can about your cancer diagnosis.
This knowledge allows you to be an active partner in your treatment and make informed choices about your cancer care.
To help you learn more, we've compiled this list of trusted resources that inform you about living with cancer.
You'll also find out how others are living with cancer. Often, knowing there are others going through the same thing as you are can offer support and hope during cancer treatment.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Resources for Living with Cancer
- Cancer Livewell Survivorship Program
- Gumberg Family Library and Resource Center
- Outpatient Pain Program
- Social Work Services
- Cancer Support Groups: Find a Support Group Near You
From UPMC Patient Ed
- Fatigue from Cancer Therapy
- Daily Activities the Easy Way
- Coping with Thoughts and Feelings While Living with Cancer
- Self-Care for the Caregiver: Managing Your Own Fatigue
Western Pennsylvania Resources
Living with Cancer Links
From the American Cancer Society
- Emotional, Mental Health, and Mood Changes
- Chemo Brain: Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Dealing With Treatment: Helping Children When A Family Member Has Cancer Treatment
- Recurrence or Progressive Disease: Helping Children When a Family Member Has Cancer
- Coping as a Caregiver
- Nearing the End of Life
- Sexuality for the Man with Cancer
- Sexuality for the Woman with Cancer
From the National Cancer Institute
- Taking Time: Support for People with Cancer
- Coping with Advanced Cancer
- When Cancer Returns
- Facing Forward: Coping with Life after Treatment
- When Someone You Love Has Completed Cancer Treatment (PDF)