How Does the Integrative Oncology Program Work?
The Consult Service is the heart of the Wellness and Integrative Oncology Program.
Our purpose is to meet you on your cancer journey to assist in managing the mind, body, and spirit in the context of conventional cancer care using the modalities of movement, mindfulness, touch, and nutrition to address symptoms and quality of life.
During your first consult you will meet with Dr. Lanie Francis in The Wellness Suite located on the third floor of Hillman Cancer Center. The Wellness Suite is a soothing home for physician consults, integrative therapies, and technology-based education platforms.
Step by Step
- Make an appointment (self or physician referral)
- Receive a welcome call from our Nurse Ambassador Clinical Liaison to discuss symptoms
- Tour of the Wellness Suite
- Complete a Baseline Symptom Assessment
- Receive an initial consultation with Dr. Lanie Francis, this is billed to your insurance as a specialist visit
- Create with Dr. Francis a symptom driven Customized Care Plan
- Connect with our Integrative Providers
- Evaluate symptoms in real time
- Execute the care plan designed for you
- Enhance your experience with amenities in The Wellness Suite
- Meet with our Nurse Ambassador Clinical Liaison
- Complete a Post Baseline Assessment
- Discuss next steps for expanding and sustaining integrative care throughout your cancer journey