UPMC Hillman Cancer Center is home to a team of experts in urologic cancer.
We provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based care, making sure that your urologic cancer treatment plan combines the skills and expertise of a large, cohesive team.
Our medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and others:
Every type of urologic cancer treatment — from common to novel — is within our scope of knowledge.
Urologic Cancer Treatment Options
Factors that will shape your treatment plan include:
- The type and stage of your urologic cancer.
- Other diagnostic test results.
- Your basic health.
Your care team will work with your referring doctor to decide the best mix of treatments, which may include:
Urologic Cancer Treatment at UPMC: Treating the Whole Person
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, we believe that the best urologic cancer treatment begins with a focus on you.
We offer a range of support services that can help you feel more at ease and make your treatments more effective.
These services can help you and your loved ones manage cancer treatment and recovery:
- Behavioral medicine — psychologists and psychiatrists can help you create a plan for meeting the challenges of urologic cancer.
- Nutrition for urologic cancer — our diet and nutrition experts can craft a meal plan to help you regain strength or support your health.
- Urologic cancer pain management — pain experts will work with your care team to relieve pain from urologic cancer treatment.
- Palliative care — our team's goal is to improve the quality of life for people who are no longer responding to cancer treatments.
- Social support — social workers can help you manage the practical aspects of living with urologic cancer.
- Interpreter services — interpreters can help global patients and others with language barriers discern the cancer treatment process.
Contact Us About Urologic Cancer Treatment
To learn more or make an appointment for urologic cancer care at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, call 412-647-2811.
Treatment Options for Urologic Cancers