Surgery is often the first approach to treating urologic cancers.
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, our surgeons have training in a number of highly specialized techniques to remove cancerous and noncancerous tumors.
Our team provides complete and innovative care for the treatment of all types of urologic cancer.
Our commitment to the growth and practice of advanced surgical methods means that your care is in expert hands.
Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery for Urologic Cancers
Compared to other approaches, minimally invasive and robotic surgery for urologic cancers can:
- Allow a quicker return to your normal daily routine.
- Permit smaller incisions.
- Shorten your hospital stay.
- Reduce post-op pain.
Robotic surgery allows greater precision on the part of the surgeon by using:
- A 3D image processing system.
- A camera arm that allows the surgeon to see a magnified, high definition view of the procedure.
- Interactive mechanical arms with joints that follow the motions of the surgeon's hands.
Contact Us About Urologic Cancer Surgery
Contact UPMC Hillman Cancer Center about urologic cancer surgery and care by calling 412-647-2811.