How Does Specialty Care Work?
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Specialty Care provides a coordinated care approach that focuses on getting patients examined, tested, diagnosed or confirmed, and treated in the quickest time possible.
We can schedule most people for their first appointment within a week of calling the Specialty Care Centers. And, after your visit with us, you will leave with a definitive treatment plan you can start on right away.
Seamless Patient Care at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Specialty Care
The key to UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Specialty Care's multidisciplinary approach is the personal and direct involvement of the clinical coordinator, who serves as your concierge.
To prepare you for your first visit, the coordinator will:
- Contact you personally to discuss your condition
- Establish your complete patient profile for the team to review before your first appointment
- Identify what tests you’ve already had done
- Order and/or schedule any additional tests that you might need
- Schedule your appointment with the multidisciplinary team