What is Trilogy Radiosurgery Cancer Treatment?
Trilogy is an advanced linear accelerator and radiosurgery cancer treatment system.
It allows doctors to target tumors in hard to reach places.
How Does Trilogy Treat Tumors?
The machine uses image-guided technology to provide accurate images of your tumor while you're receiving treatment.
While using the images to target your tumor, the Trilogy system rotates around you and delivers high doses of precisely targeted radiation therapy. This helps spare healthy tissue surrounding the tumor.
Types of Cancer We Treat with Trilogy
The machine treats the following diseases and other benign tumors:
Trilogy Radiation Treatment Options
The versatile Trilogy can perform a number of radiation treatments.
Based on the type and stage of cancer you have, your doctor may prescribe one of the following treatments on the Trilogy:
- 3D conformal radiation therapy
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), including:
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy
- Cone-based stereotactic radiosurgery
- Fractionated stereotactic radiation therapy
Benefits of Trilogy Radiosurgery
- You can breathe normally during treatment. Trilogy's advanced imaging tracks the tumor's movements when you breathe.
- Radiation is so precise that doctors can treat tumors in hard-to-reach areas.
- It may be a treatment option for people who can't have traditional surgery because of risks or health reasons.
Other benefits of Trilogy radiosurgery include:
- Shorter treatment times.
- Less complications.
- Fewer side effects.
Trilogy Treatment: What to Expect
Watch patient videos to see what to expect during Trilogy treatment and to learn more.
Contact Us About Radiosurgery at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
To learn more about Trilogy or other radiation oncology treatments at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, please call us at 412-647-2811.