What to Expect During Your First Visit to the Cancer LiveWell Survivorship Program
During your first visit to the Cancer LiveWell Survivorship Program, you will see a medical oncologist. He or she will explore and prioritize all your symptoms and concerns and tailor a management plan to meet your needs.
This plan might include the handy, on-site services of:
- Physical therapists
We may also refer you to other local specialists.
Services to Help with Life After Cancer
Our services augment the care you receive from your current providers to assure cohesive care.
Our program's experts have specialized knowledge of the pressing concerns and issues that cancer survivors often have.
Life after cancer services
Our services to help you adjust to life after cancer include:
- Coordination of care.
- Follow-through with your doctor's prescribed treatment plan.
- Surveillance for cancer recurrence.
- Prevention and management of the short- and long-term effects of cancer treatment.
- Genetic counseling.
- Fertility Preservation Program at Magee-Womens Research Institute.
- Nutrition Services at UPMC.
- Outpatient rehab at UPMC Centers for Rehab Services.
Cancer lifestyle change services
We can also help you with lifestyle changes such as
- Physical activity
- Smoking and alcohol cessation
Consult services and follow-up care
If you're a cancer survivor with no metastatic disease and have completed your treatments — or if you're going through long-term cancer therapy — the following experts can provide consults and follow-up care:
Research Studies for Cancer Survivors
There are many ongoing research studies and clinical trials specific to survivorship.
Choosing to take part in a study or trial or study helps our researchers further their knowledge of cancer for future patients.
For details on research studies for cancer survivors, please call 412-692-2382.
Learn More About our Cancer Survivorship Services
To learn more or make an appointment, contact the Cancer LiveWell Survivorship Program at:
- UPMC Hillman Cancer Center — 412-692-4724.
- Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC — 412-641-4530, ext. 1 or go to UPMC.com/MageeLiveWell.
- UPMC Passavant — 412-748-5762.